Cornwall is famed for its many beautiful and unusual gardens with many National Trust houses and
gardens to explore. Just some of these are listed below.
- Lanhydrock House and Gardens (NT), Bodmin - (20 minutes by car), a magnificent late Victorian country house with beautiful gardens and woodland.
- Cotehele (NT) - (25 minutes by car), an historic house with gardens and grounds sweeping down to the River Tamar, Cotelehele Quay and woodland walks to Cotehele Mill.
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Pentewan, St Austell - (50 minutes by car) claims to be "The Nation's Favourite Garden".
- Pencarrow, Washaway, near Bodmin - an historic Georgian house with internationally renowned gardens
- Prideaux Place, Padstow - home of the German language films and TV series from the Rosamunde Pilcher books.
- Trelissick Garden (NT) Feock, near Truro - lovely park and woodland walks with stunning views over the Fal estuary.
- RHS Garden Rosemoor Great Torrington, Devon - for the garden enthusiast, well worth a visit.